Quote of the Day

" This love song He is singing, it is the antithesis of life's theme song, that refrain of rejection I know so well. That mental soundtrack of condemnation and criticism that I've let run on continuous replay…That heavy beat of failure, a pounding bass of disappointment, it has pulsed through my days and I've mouthed the words, singing it to myself, memorizing the ugly lines by heart. They become the heart. For years, I tried medication, blade, work, escape, all attempts to drown out that incessant, reverberating drum of self-rejection. All futility, acidic emptiness. 
But here, I hear it well: The only thing to rip out the tape echoing self-rejection is the song of His serenade…It really is like C.S. Lewis argued - that the most fundamental thing is not how we think of God but rather what God thinks of us: "How God thinks of us is not only more important, but infinitely more important."
…Everywhere, everything, Love! Giving thanks awakens me to a God giving Himself, God giving Himself to me - for me - a surrender of love."
- Ann Voskamp
in One Thousand Gifts Devotional

Comments