One Year Later

 One year ago today, I first introduced myself to the online world by joining Google+ and beginning this blog. It's so hard for me to believe that twelve months have gone by so quickly! During that time, I have made some amazing friendships with people I had never met before and who have become quite dear to me as time has gone on. I have shared many of my personal struggles and thoughts as well as the little "grace moments" that bring me pleasure and lead me closer to God. It has been quite a special journey to say the least!
 When I first began to post my writing, I wasn't sure how many people would listen or how God wanted to use my humble thoughts. I offered up my life-story as a gift back to the One who has written it and watched Him work amazing things in the past several months. I am continually held in amazement at the connections He weaves and the things that He does when a person has yielded their life to Him. The message that began this blog one year ago still holds true now: a life that is open to God becomes open to Grace, and a life open to Grace becomes open to all that is beautiful. This, in turn, produces thankfulness, which drives away the darkness from a hurting heart. For me, being open to the little gifts, the little ways in which God demonstrates His love - this has become a daily journey of hope. It is what keeps me in a spirit of gratitude and enables me to see God for who He really is and to appreciate the wonderful world He has created! It has allowed me to be even more thankful for the people He has placed in my life and the many blessings He has so graciously given to me.
 In March of 2014, I took a leap of faith and set out to share these thoughts with others because I wanted them to discover the same hope, the same love, the same God who opened this once-darkened heart to Grace and life! A year later, I believe that, for some of my readers, this has proved to be true.
 As I begin my second year of blogging, it is my prayer and sincere desire that those who read my thoughts here will be led to seek a closer walk with God in their own life. Sharing the hope of Grace is my personal mission. It's what gives me a reason to write. A reason to never keep this inner Light to myself. All of us should pray for the grace to live an open life. This world is starved for the grace and life-giving love of God. I just happen to have been chosen by Him to be a bearer of this message to those who suffer and have lost hope. I am well aware that, apart from Him, I don't have anything worth saying. As He gives me the words to speak, the message will continue to flow and the hope to be shared.
 So…here's to another year of living fully for Him, of being open to Grace. 

Comments