Quote of the Day

"Not one or two important epochs of my history only, but everything that concerns me - joys that I had not expected; sorrows that might have crushed me if they could have been anticipated; sufferings that might have terrified me by their grimness had I look upon them; surprises that infinite love had prepared for me; services of which I could not imagine myself capable - all these lay in that mighty hand as the purposes of God's eternal will for me. But, as they have developed gradually and silently, how great has been the love that appeared, enwrapping and enfolding each one! Has not the grief been measured, while the gladness has far more abounded? Have not the comforts and consolations exceeded the crosses and complaints? Have not all things been so arranged, ordered, undertaken, and worked out on our behalf that we can but marvel at the goodness and wisdom of God?"
                     - Susannah Spurgeon 
                         in Seasons of the Heart

Comments