So Much To Be Thankful For!

 Several years ago, when I first heard this song, I didn't feel as though life had given me much to be grateful for. My father had been battling a series of health issues that nearly took his life; a friend of mine had died while serving in Iraq; another friend had almost been killed in a car accident; my step-grandfather had finally passed away after a slow decline. The losses were adding up too fast. I couldn't seem to get beyond the thought that God wasn't being fair. He didn't care. 
 I remember being in the car one day when I listened to these words:

"Some days, we forget to look around us;
Some days, we can't see the joy that surrounds us;
So caught up inside ourselves, we take when we should give."

 It was a wake-up call for me. And I could feel the tears start to flow. I could feel my heart softening. I had been blind to His many gifts that were right in front of me. I had turned a cold shoulder to His love. It suddenly occurred to me that life isn't meant to be fair. And it isn't fair. But, in the midst of it, He is always good. And I am always loved. This song introduced me to the possibility that "there's so much to be thankful for," even in the hard times of life. 



Comments