Quote of the Day

" A few years ago, I decided to try to live this giving thanks as I believe Jesus did each day, regardless of His circumstances. And what I found was that in giving thanks for each moment and savoring it as bread from His hand, I'd find sustenance and the grace of God Himself in it…I found myself on a transformative journey that affected every area of my life - including all the broken places. God began to show me the graces, the love gifts, that were right before me, waiting to be noticed, waiting to be received. This easily overlooked stuff, the small - and especially the hard - became for the me the life-giving stream of joy in Him. Even when I am sometimes impatient or unwilling, when I face conflict or heartache, I've begun to accept that even the impossible is a possible opportunity to thank God, to experience the goodness and grace of the Giver of all."
                                      - Ann Voskamp in One Thousand Gifts Devotional

Comments