Winning Your Spurs

  Recently, I was introduced to a beautiful song, thanks to the musical group, "Libera." I had never heard this before and was deeply moved by the powerful words. They are as follows:

" When a knight won his spurs, in the stories of old,
 He was gentle and brave; he was gallant and bold,
With a shield on his arm and a lance in his hand,
For God and for valor he rode through the land.

No charger have I, and no sword by my side
Yet still to adventure and battle I ride,
Though back into story-land giants have fled,
And the knights are no more and the dragons are dead.

Let faith be my shield and let joy be my steed
'Gainst the dragons of anger, the ogres of greed;
And let me set free with the sword of my youth,
From the castle of darkness, the pow'r of the truth."
- words written by Jan Stuther




Whatever battles you may fight today, be they internal or external, go win your spurs with faith and joy. 



Comments