Quote of the Day




" Only self can kill joy...Joy is a flame that glimmers only in the palm of the open and humble hand...The moment the hand is clenched tight, fingers all pointing toward self
  and rights and demands, joy is snuffed out. Anger is the lid that suffocates joy until she
lies limp and lifeless... And I see: I had thought joy's flame needed protecting...My own
wild desire to protect my joy at all costs is the exact force that kills my joy... there it is: the secret of joy's flame: humbly let go. Let go of trying to do, let go of trying to control...let go of my own way, let go of my own fears... Fullness of joy is discovered only in the emptying of will."
- Ann Voskamp in One Thousand Gifts *




* This book is available wherever books are sold and is copyrighted 2010.

Comments