Quote of the Day

How happy should we be, could we always believe the glorious things which are spoken to us as children, in the word of Him who cannot fail of accomplishing His promise. But are we not fools and slow of heart in this matter? at least, I am, and hence proceed my many complaints. - Alas! what a hard heart have I, that can doubt, and repine, and limit the Lord, after all the great things He has shown me! Wretched heart, that can stand it out still, against oaths, against promises, and blood. Methinks I may sum up all my wants and prayers in one sentence - Lord, give me faith. Oh, if faith was in daily exercise, how little would the world, and the things of time and sense, seem in my eyes! What a dreadful thing would sin appear, that spilt my Savior's blood! And how would my very heart rejoice at the sound of Jesus' name?"
              - John Newton

Comments