Growing Through Failure

"...Don't be afraid to fall. I think in our society today, (Instagram, Twitter, etc) its a highlight reel. It's all the good things. And then when you look at it, when you think like, wow, when you have a rough day, 'My life's not as good as that,' (you think) you're failing. 
Failure is a part of life. Its a part of building character and growing. Without failure, who would you be? I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't fallen thousands of times. Made mistakes. We are all human. We all have weaknesses, and I think throughout this, it's been important to be able to share that and be transparent. I know when I listen to people speak and share their weaknesses, I'm listening. Because it resonates. 
So I'm not perfect. I'm not Superman. I might be in the NFL, and I might have just won a Super Bowl but, hey: we still have daily struggles. I still have daily struggles. And that's where my faith comes in, that's where my family comes in. I think when you look at a struggle in your life, just know that's just an opportunity for your character to grow. And that's just been the message. Simple: if something's going on in your life and you're struggling, embrace it. Because you're growing."

 - Nick Foles, quarterback of the 2018 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles



Comments