Quote of the Day

"I've come to the conclusion that I'm not the most reliable interpreter of my own life. I can be quick to label experiences as good or bad, but the longer I live the more I've seen that experiences I thought were 'bad' ended up producing some of the best things in my life. (I've even found that some of the 'good' things in my life have hurt me in time. But even that produced wisdom for me in the long run.) 
It gives me hope that perhaps it's true, that our Father really is able to 'work all things together for the good of those who love Him.' 
How do I learn courage unless something scares me so much that I am frozen in my own fear, but I have to act anyway?
How do I learn forgiveness unless somebody hurts me so deeply that I'm in danger of becoming someone I don't want to be - so lost in my own bitterness and anger that I know if I don't figure out how to forgive I'm going to lose myself? 
How do I learn about the unfailing love of God unless I fail Him so miserably but find that He hasn't abandoned me yet? 
The point is that I never know if I'm on the way up or down, but I am beginning to trust that all of it is leading me home, and I'm learning to be grateful for all of it."
                           - Jason Gray 

Comments