Peace

 As another year draws to a close, I find myself contemplating the words of the song, "Peace" sung by Michael W Smith. It has become a heart-cry for me as 2016 ends and a new year is within reach. It's message drives home to me the meaning of author G. K. Chesterton's words when he said, "The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul."
I'm committing in 2017 to striving for greater holiness in my walk with Jesus and daring more in the journey of faith!




Peace
by 
Michael W Smith


"I have come from so far away
Down the road of my own mistakes,
In the hope you could hear me pray,
O Lord, keep me in your reach.
How I longed through these wasted years
To outrun all the pain and fear
Turned to stone through my un-cried tears
And now, it's Your grace I seek.

Love won't compromise;
It's a gift; it's a sacrifice;
My soul renewed and my heart released
In You, I'll find my peace. 

Wondrous child of whom the angels sing,
Know my joy, feel my suffering;
Shining star, make this love You bring
So bright that I may believe.

That my way will not be lost
From now on till that river's crossed,
My soul renewed and my spirit free
In You, I'll find my peace.
In You, I'll find my peace."

Comments