Quote of the Day

" 'Even Jesus asked God why he was forsaken.' This is what my therapist tells me. Today, I feel forsaken. I feel abandoned within the hull of hollow faith, a hull haunted by ghosts, and without an escape hatch. But the therapist keeps telling me to turn in to this darkness. 
...'When you go into the dark places of your own soul, write how you feel. Describe the emotions, the sensations. And when you feel that there is no God, when you ask why he's forsaken you, don't be ashamed. Remember what I said about Jesus, how even he asked?'
'Even Jesus' - this is quite the pairing of words...I hear these words now, and somehow they are a comfort. 
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Please do not leave me or forsake me."
                                - Seth Haines in Coming Clean

Comments