Living In Grace

 I assume several of you are probably following The Masters golf tournament this weekend. I have been following a very neat story this week of a young amateur  competitor who is playing Augusta for the very first time...and I felt I had to share it with you. Bryson DeChambeau, a 22-year-old who has already won the U.S. Amateur title and the NCAA title and will soon turn pro, has been making headlines for his infectious personality, his old-fashioned looks, and his different but highly effective golf swing. But something the commentators said yesterday about him really stuck with me as I watched the coverage. DeChambeau had been playing incredibly well all afternoon but had just hit a terrible shot which eventually cost him 3 strokes. One of commentators made mention that, "we haven't seen him lose his head though" to which the other commentator added, "And that's what this young man is truly all about. A lot of people ask if he's nervous, and he'll tell you, 'Look. I've been saved by grace. It doesn't matter...it's just another golf shot. If I can perform to the highest level, great. If not, than it's an opportunity to show my grace-character.'" 



 Living in grace allows you to live life without fear. When you know that what you have isn't entirely yours...when you know that everything else is second to honoring the One who made you and loves you...then you can risk and fail but not be a failure. You can stumble and fall but not lose hope. You can be cast down and not be destroyed. You can have faith because your joy isn't determined by your circumstances. 
 Whatever your challenges are today...don't be afraid because God is already there. 

Comments