Quote of the Day

"We let subjective impressions determine what we'll accept as objective fact...In our arrogance, we invest our feelings (or lack thereof) with final authority rather than recognize that our emotions are unstable and unreliable, often hopelessly controlled by selfish pride, and riddled with lies - lies that 'feel' like the truth...
 That's the bad news. The good news: He gives grace to the humble. Who are the humble? The humble are those whose first response to objective truth from God's Word is not to ask, 'How do I feel?' but to say, 'I'm not going to let my faith be determined and directed by the subjective and the experiential. Instead, I confess openly before God that I will believe the objective truth of His Word, regardless of how I feel.'" 
                               - C. J. Mahaney in Christ: Our Mediator

Comments