Soldier's Prayer


Soldier's Prayer

Thou are my Master; I resign
To Thy own marvelous design;
Thou art my Maker; Thou hast said
That Thou would feed me with Thy bread.
 To claim that victory is mine,
When Thou hast all my steps aligned,
And to assume that I could win
My constant battle over sin,
I'd be a fool and deny my King;
Thou, for me, hast done everything.
I cannot live without Thy arm
To keep me from all present harm;
Thy love has all my fears abased;
I rest in Thy unchanging grace.
With humble trust, my sin I leave,
For simply to Thy cross I cleave;
I ask that Thou would deign to spare
My life, and give me strength to dare.
My great Commander, to Thy will
I now resolve to follow still;
Align my heart with all Thy ways
So I can serve Thee all my days.
Do not forget me, though I sin
And battle all the flesh within,
For, through Thy grace, I'll overcome,
And Thou wilt lead me to Thy home.



Comments