Quote of the Day

"…Thus, they that are taught of God in affliction can speak experimentally, in one degree or another, of the gains and privileges of a suffering condition. They can speak experimentally of communion with God, 'Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil' (Psalm 23:4). Why? 'For thou are with me': I have had comfortable experience of thy upholding, counseling, comforting presence with me in my deepest desertions; so of other fruits of affliction, this I have got by my sufferings; I bless God, I have learned more patience, humility, and self-denial; to be more sensible of my brethren's sufferings; to sit looser to the world, to mind duty, and to trust safety to God; to prepare for death, and to provide for eternity."
                                   - Thomas Case in A Treatise On Afflictions

Comments