Search This Blog

Friday, May 1, 2015

Quote of the Day

"…Thus, they that are taught of God in affliction can speak experimentally, in one degree or another, of the gains and privileges of a suffering condition. They can speak experimentally of communion with God, 'Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil' (Psalm 23:4). Why? 'For thou are with me': I have had comfortable experience of thy upholding, counseling, comforting presence with me in my deepest desertions; so of other fruits of affliction, this I have got by my sufferings; I bless God, I have learned more patience, humility, and self-denial; to be more sensible of my brethren's sufferings; to sit looser to the world, to mind duty, and to trust safety to God; to prepare for death, and to provide for eternity."
                                   - Thomas Case in A Treatise On Afflictions