From Darkness To the Light

 Every day, I need hope. If I am truly following Him who is the Light of the World, I may see the darkness around me, but the darkness will not live inside of me. There will always be love, hope, and life because of the One whose presence dispels the dark. In looking back at my own journey, I see this progression of walking from darkness into His light and experiencing joy that I never thought possible. There's a reason why the verse John 8:12 has a special meaning for me. The promise contained in those few, short sentences holds so much weight: 

"Then spake Jesus…saying, I am the light of the world:
he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall
have the light of life."

There are days when life brings sorrow, but the Light is always there and tells me, in those moments, that it will never leave.



Comments