Christmas Movie of the Week

 The first time I watched this movie was when some friends invited me over to see it at their house. My year had been anything but full of hope and health - my dad had been fighting a life-threatening condition and had only recently gotten out of the hospital, and some dear friends were deployed that holiday season with the military. My emotions were all over the place, and I needed some inspiration and Christmas hope in the worst way. Then, I saw "The Christmas Card" - a lovely story of how a small act of kindness, a Christmas card, brought a young soldier to a small town in California, where his life was changed forever. Having written many Christmas cards to deployed service members over the years, I can say that the story told in this movie is exactly like real life: a small thank-you to our military members goes a long way…sometimes further than we ever expect or dream! 


Comments