Quote of the Day

"I have felt an impatience in my spirit, utterly unsuitable to my state as a sinner and a beggar, and to my profession of yielding myself and all my concerns to the Lord's disposal. He has mercifully convinced me that I labor under a complication of disorders, summed up in the word sin; He has graciously revealed Himself to me as the infallible Physician; and has enabled me, as such, to commit myself to Him, and to expect my cure from His hand alone. Yet how often, instead of thankfully accepting His prescriptions, have I foolishly and presumptuously ventured to prescribe to Him, and to point out how I would have Him deal with me! How often have I thought something was necessary which He saw best to deny, and that I could have done better without those dispensations which His wisdom appointed to work for my good! He is God, and not man, or else He would have been weary of me, and left me to my own management long ago. How inconsistent! To acknowledge that I am blind, to entreat Him to lead me, and yet to want to choose my own way, in the same breath! I have limited the Holy One of Israel, and not considered that He magnifies His wisdom and grace in working by contraries, and bringing good out of seeming evil."
                 - John Newton 

Comments