Quote of the Day

"The language of faith, when in exercise, will not be, 'What is most conducive to my temporal ease and prosperity?' but 'What will give me the fairest opportunity of glorifying Him, who has bought me with His blood, and called me out of darkness into His marvelous light? Too much of my time has already been wasted: how shall I improve the little uncertain remainder for His service? I am too short-sighted to judge for myself, but He has thus far determined it. I am where He has placed me; and the calling in which His mercy found me, (if it be a lawful one,) is that in which, for the present, I am to abide, as the best for me. When it ceases to be so, I may depend upon Him to appoint me another. But, till then, I desire to be contented with such things as I have, and to be thankful for them. He knows my frame, my feelings, my wants, and my trials; He permits, yea, invites me to cast all my cares upon Him: He assures me that He carter for me, and therefore I only wish to do or to suffer according to His will today, and to leave the concerns of tomorrow in His hands. While I live, may I live for Him; and when I die, may I go to Him! May His grace be sufficient for me, and all shall be well." 
                    - John Newton 

Comments