Quote of the Day

"To be better in our brokenness isn't to remove the brokenness; it's to remove the selfishness, pride, impatience, or other sinful behaviors we blame on the brokenness. When we stop blaming our situation on the brokenness, we begin to see that the brokenness is a trial designed specifically for us. 
 I've also learned that I can't overcome my sinful tendencies on my own. I rarely choose patience and grace over anger and annoyance. Yet I've learned that even though they aren't my automatic response to situations, the more I practice patience and grace, the better I get. So why wouldn't God use the trials in my life to teach me patience? Why wouldn't God, who gave us perfect grace and who wants me to give and receive it, give me and astounding number of opportunities to learn how to give and receive grace? If God, who knows what is best for me, knows that means learning to depend on him more than I am capable of, why wouldn't he design circumstances in my life to teach me how to be totally dependent on him for everything? Why wouldn't he design the trials in your life specifically for you?"
                               - Laura Story in When God Doesn't Fix It

Comments