Quote of the Day

"God alone shall have my heart. Indeed, I observe of the world, which holds its dung as priceless, since it treats me with such friendliness, that it would like to be the beloved of my soul. But no; God alone shall have my heart: I find in Him the highest good. We see indeed here and there on earth a little brook of peacefulness, which springs from the goodness of the Highest; God however is the source, overflowing with streams, there I create what forever can nourish me truly and satisfyingly: God alone shall have my heart...I find in Him the highest good. He loves me during evil times and in blissfulness; He will shower me with the goodness of His house." 
                              - J. S. Bach 
                                   Cantata translation BWV 169 

Comments