Favorite Christmas Tradition

 So…I want to share with you my favorite Christmas tradition with you all! It's always fun to hear about the unique ways in which people celebrate this season. The ideas and traditions are as creative and special and the people themselves. 
 Ever since I can remember, we had a special "ceremony" of sorts for bringing in the Christmas tree. When we had brought the tree home and it was time to take it into the house, we would turn on a special recording (which could not be listened to at Christmas until the tree came home) of Christmas carols. It was an old vinyl record of the Boston Pops called "Glorious Sounds of Christmas." As my dad would bring the tree to the front door, we would cue up the loud strains of "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing!" and the tree would burst through the door! Every single year we have held to this small but meaningful family gesture. And I look forward to it every time. 
  What is your favorite Christmas tradition?? I love to know...


Comments