Quote of the Day

" If I am grateful for anything…it's for the way God has wrecked my idealism about myself and the world and replaced it with a realism about the extent of His grace and love, which is much bigger than I had ever imagined. Indeed, the smaller you get - the smaller life makes you - the easier it is to see the grandeur of God and His Gospel, the more grateful you become. While I am far more incapable than I may have initially thought, God is infinitely more capable than I ever hoped. 
 In other words, the older I get, the more smitten I become by the fact that God's love for me, His approval and commitment by me, does not ride on my transformation but on Jesus's substitution. Jesus is infallibly devoted to us in spite of our inconsistent devotion to him. The Gospel is not a command to hold on to Jesus. It's a promise that no matter how weak your faith and how unsuccessful your efforts may be, God is always holding on to you. In this light, life is simply the chronicle of God's successes perfectly meeting our failures." 
                       - Tullian Tchividjian in One Way Love

Comments