The Fullness Of God

 Cool-breeze blows and lungs breathe and ears take in wave-splash on the shoreline and I sense the full-on presence of God. In a so far busy summer, it is a moment of peace as I force my heart rate to slow and my mind to calm. Tell myself to be all here, all now. 

As I look around, words come to my mind and I am stopped by them...

"...the earth is full of the goodness of the Lord..." (Psalm 33:5).

How can the earth be filled with his goodness when it seems there is so much bad? 

As all the things He said would happen in a sin-sick world swirl around, how can there be abundance? 

How can there still be Grace?

Humanity is sparse out here in this wilderness today. And that's just the way I need it. Almost like God knows I'm craving just Him. And isn't that always the way? 

You don't need to always have everyone and everything you think you must hold onto... gifts end in their season... but the one thing you always need is simply Him. 

Eyes see, but heart must choose to believe - and we are always, always choosing: the way of faith or the way of sight. 

I mull over the thought that the earth is full of His goodness. 

Full.

Not partial, but full. 

Overflowing. 

Abundant. 

That means that there can never be so much evil that there isn't greater good.

And there can never be so much pain that there isn't more than enough grace sufficient. 

There is always more God than there is whatever I face. And this world, however broken, speaks of hope amidst all the bad. 

I must tell myself this over and over. 

Because I forget. 

No matter the things that appear to override everything He is and stands for, God will not be out-done. Will not be out-matched. Because God is forever-more.

And so I let the heart embrace all this beautiful. Because it's not that it isn't there...I just need to remember how to look for it. 

Comments