Quote of the Day

"My body, as I said, is, through mercy, free from considerable ailments, but I have a soul that requires surgeon's work continually: there is a tumor to be discussed or laid open, some dislocation to be reduced, some fracture to be healed, almost daily. It is my great mercy, that One who is infallible in skill, who exercises incessant care and boundless compassion towards all His patients, has undertaken my case; and, complicated as it is, I dare not doubt His making a perfect cure. Yet, alas! I too often discover such impatience, distrust, and complaining, when under His hand; am so apt to find fault with the instruments He is pleased to make use of; so ready to think the salutary wounds He makes unnecessary, or too large; in a word, I show a promptness to control, were I able, or direct, His operations, that, were not His patience beyond expression, He would before now have given me up."
                       - John Newton

Comments