Quote of the Day

"The thought comes like something falling softly from beyond the sky: there is no self-chastising or self-castigating or self-berating for even being afraid of brokenness. Maybe I had finally come to the place where I could see myself, my brokenness, my fear of brokenness, with the same tender compassion with which Jesus sees all of me. Maybe the broken way leads to being as compassionate with yourself as Jesus is with your soul, granting yourself the grace He gives, grace to get it wrong and grace to change again, grace to be broken and broken again, and the grace to grow and grow on, like the broken way of seeds. 
Maybe not being afraid of even the fear of brokenness allows you to feel the fear and know its okay because you're never alone in your fear. You are never alone, never abandoned, never not safe..."
               - Ann Voskamp in The Broken Way

Comments