Feeling Alive

 I will admit there are days when life doesn't seem fair, things don't go right, and the world seems on the brink of collapse...
I will admit there are moments when His goodness appears distant, His love is hard to feel present, His grace looks to have run clean out...
I will admit there are times when the fears are pressing the air near out of me, the demands threaten to drown out God completely, the darkness reminds me that it isn't far from me...
But...
I will also admit that, in spite of all these things, I am alive. He has brought hope to this soul that thought all grace was lost forever. And so, even on the days when it's feeling hard, I celebrate...because He's too good for me to not praise. And perhaps my offering of hard-worship is more important to Him because it's a sacrifice of praise...it's being pushed out of a heart that longs for the faith to believe even in the hard times. Bowing before His altar with thanksgiving in my heart is what counts to Him...
And so I bless Him...because He has made me resurrected in hope with Him. He has given me life abundant. 



Comments