Sing Forever

I stare down at the page, and the words seem to leap off of it. I read, and their meaning speaks loud and clear:

"Praise ye the Lord. Praise the Lord, O my soul.
While I live I will praise the Lord: I will sing 
praises to my God while I have any being."
- Psalm 146:1-2

This doesn't mean that there won't be times when the praise seems to come hard, or when I don't even feel like praising at all…it does mean, however, that I must still find a way to sing. Sing the thankfulness…sing the blessing…sing the joy - no matter how hard life may be. The beauty of a grace-filled life is that He makes it possible for me to sing forever, whatever the season. In the darkness, sing. In the pain, sing. In the sorrow, sing. Sing soul…for the Creator of your existence is honored in full when you praise. When you thank. When you utter the timeless truth: He is good! You are loved! While you have any life within you, offer up the sacrifice of joy. God has been too good to you to shut yourself off to His blessing. To cease being open to Grace. Keep singing…


Comments