Quote of the Day

 "... How can I return when I am lost in resentment, when I am caught in jealousy, when I am imprisoned in obedience and duty lived out as slavery? It is clear that alone, by myself, I cannot find myself...Confronted here with the impossibility of self-redemption, I now understand Jesus' words to Nicodemus: 'Do not be surprised when I say: 'You must be born from above.' Indeed, something has to happen that I myself cannot cause to happen. I cannot be reborn from below; that is, with my own strength, with my own mind, with my own psychological insights. There is no doubt in my mind about this because I have tried so hard in the past to heal myself from my complaints and failed...and failed...and failed, until I came to edge of complete emotional collapse and even physical exhaustion. I can only be healed from above, from where God reaches down. What is impossible for me is possible with God."
                           - Henri Nouwen *







* Taken from The Return of The Prodigal Son copyrighted 1992.

Comments